Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Margaritas and Movies

I'm in heaven!  I have a good friend who told me about this amazing restaurant in Austin, Texas called the Belmont. Every Monday they show old movies during dinner and feature margaritas! What a blessed combination.


But truth be told, they really need to check out this site because the margaritas there aren't exactly great!  But the idea behind it is phenomenal and the food is great.  Next week they're showing Ferris Bueller's Day off. 

 I'm still blown away by the idea of this movie and margaritas at a restaurant!  Can you imagine for just a moment going to your favorite restaurant and there beside your table is a television showing your favorite movie?  And, across the room is a giant screen also showing this movie?  Only thing better would be a great sports event.  Yes, I know what a sports bar is, but I'm saying your favorite restaurant.  Now if a sport's bar is your favorite restaurant, you have some issues and really couldn't consider yourself a foodie.  

But anyways, back to the dream....  And, just as the movie starts, the waitress sets before you a Minted Pineapple margarita!  WoW!!  As you quickly order your dinner and a second margarita (since they only use the jumbo straws, the drink is gone in 3 sips!), the movie unfolds and you are pleasantly swept away....   

Only problem is where do you go after dinner?  Cannot really go to watch another movie, that would be gauche.  Can't go home since you'd be labeled as a cheap date.  Hmm....  As for me, I'd go Bowling.  Not at some AMF center but someplace like Lucky Strikes.  Nuff said, I'm hungry now.


No comments: