Thursday, March 26, 2009

Warning! This is an experiment. Warning!

What the heck, right? The premise has never changed, but here's a thought. Why is it when you see a "flavored" tequila, its been morphed into a "flavored" margarita? The obvious exception is that horrible bastardation of a cocktail, tequila rose. But, hey, whatever floats, right?


Ok, so I've been playing with infusions. The first was something I've wanted to do for a while.
I wanted to make a bloody mary-esque infusion. So, I grabbed: habanero, garlic, grape tomatoes, celery spears. Was interesting but, not so much.

Then I went back to thinking. Could I infuse enough citrus into the tequila so that I'd just need to add agave nectar to make a "margarita"? If it works, it would be a great basis for a margarita orb some serious concentrations. And, if it works for vodka, why not, right?

The trick here is don't cut the fruit, stab it! So, I grabbed 3 limes, 2 tangerines, and a lemon. I stabbed them with a skewer 30-84 times (lost track with the one lemon. long story). Then I placed them in a jar and filled with 2 bottles of platinum tequila. We're on day 3 so .... I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Hi.. What day are you on now? Waiting for some more mararita recipes.. we are a tribe of believers here:)